The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson (LWVGT) continues the nearly 100-year tradition of educating voters from a non-partisan perspective about the most important issues of the day. LWVGT sponsors six panel-discussion programs per year to explore these issues in detail. Each event involves a panel discussion involving experts in their respective fields followed by a moderator-led question-and-answer session with the audience.
Attend a Voter Education Program
The Voter Education programs are free, open to the public, and held at venues with free parking and that are accessible to people with disabilities. The programs also are live-streamed on LWVGT’s Facebook page.
Voter Education Programs & Dates for 2020-2021
- September 20, 2020, Suppressed 2020 Movie, Rex Graham – coordinator
- October 4, 2020, Ballot Propositions, Vivian Harte – coordinator
- November 21, Redistricting in Arizona, Vivian Harte – coordinator
- January 16, Issues with Gentrification, Judy Wood – coordinator
- March 20, Water Issues in Arizona, Carol Shearer – coordinator
- April 17, African-American History in Tucson, Victor Bowleg - coordinator
Voter Education program dates for 2019-2020
- September 21, 2019, Electoral College, Kathy Aros – coordinator
- October 19, 2019, Living in a Low-Tax State, Carol West – coordinator
- November 16, 2019, Development vs. Affordable Housing, April Lewis - coordinator
- January 18, 2020, The Nation’s Income Disparity, Judy Bowser and Mary Elizabeth Pollard - coordinators
- February 15, 2020, Gun Safety, Kathy Dubbs – coordinator
- March 21, 2020, Topic of the LWVGT Environmental Committee, Carol Shearer – coordinator
Voter Education programs in 2018-2019
- What Can Be Done About Climate Change?
- How Does the Arizona Corporation Commission “Rate?”
- The 2020 U.S. Census: Why Should You Care?
- Severed Ties: The Legal and Humanitarian Impact of U.S. Immigration Policy
- Taking a Look at the Arizona Ballot Measures
- How To Be an Informed Voter in the Post-Truth Era
For handouts from previous programs, click here
Chair: Vivian Harte, League@lwvtucson.com , 520-327-7652