Running & Winning high school workshop
Each year, in the fall semester, the League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson (LWVGT) conducts Running & Winning, a one-day workshop for junior and senior girls at a Tucson area high school. The American Association of University Women and the YWCA of Southern Arizona co-sponsor the event.
Running & Winning aims to foster participants’ leadership skills and interest in public service. The students have a unique opportunity to learn from women who have served as elected officials, plan a campaign, and participate in a mock election.
League members who volunteer with the Running & Winning program have opportunities to:
For more information about volunteering with Running & Winning, contact us at email@example.com or 520-327-7652.
- Participate on the planning committee
- Prepare a budget and track expenditures
- Create and send correspondence
- Communicate with elected women; prepare their bio information
- Communicate with school staff to make all necessary arrangements
- Communicate with workshop facilitators, co-sponsors and League volunteers
- Update the moderator’s script
- Develop topic papers
- Get materials printed
- Purchase and pick up supplies and food
- Serve as a volunteer at the workshop event
- Evaluate the event
- Submit articles to the LWVGT newsletter and other communication channels